Grain Free Carrot Cake
Carrot cake – an old favourite in our household. My mum makes the BEST carrot cake in the world. She does. Only problem is the gluten, and we have four gluten-free eaters in this household. So we found this recipe from Gluten Free Fix. I can tell you honestly, this is the best carrot cake we have ever eaten (mum even said). Rave reviews. It is very close to her recipe. The honey cream cheese icing is…well…the icing on the cake! Magnificent. Take this to a party and no one would know it was gluten free or sugar free (just honey) as it is delicious, moist, and a whole lotta addictive.
Gluten Free Carrot Cake
- 1/4 C/50g coconut oil
- 1/2 C/ 160g honey*
- 2 eggs
- 1 C/200g finely grated carrots
- 1/2 C/100g Crushed pineapple (canned is fine)
- 1/2 cup Almond flour, packed
- 1/4 C/35g Coconut flour, packed
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 160C
- In the Thermomix, whisk together oil, honey and eggs
- Stir in carrots and pineapple.
- Whisk in dry ingredients, making sure you get out all the clumps.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour batter into greased baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes (this cake is pretty moist, which is perfect!)
- Cool completely before icing.
- 1 block of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1/2C/ 160g Raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract or paste
- Put all the ingredients into the Thermomix (or food processor) and whizz.
- Cover cake with icing once the cake has cooled down a bit (so no icing melts)
- Serve with some fresh fruits. We used mango!
– Love Treens